Options
Index
#481781 - 07/14/18 08:43 AM [User Showcase] Repost: Touch the Sun
Loc: Maryland
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Dear Forum Friends,

Sorry I've been off-site for a while and haven't posted. I'm fighting a few health issues and going through some changes at work.

I made the few tweaks you mentioned to so song I posted last month, "Touch the Sun." If you have time please give it listen.

NASA is looking into using it at the launch of the Parker Solar Probe mission on August 4th. Wish me luck.

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13731977

Thanks

DC SpaceDog

#481783 - 07/14/18 09:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Repost: Touch the Sun [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: The Heartland....Kansas
chulaivet1966 Offline
Expert

Loc: The Heartland....Kansas
Originally Posted By: SpaceDog
NASA is looking into using it at the launch of the Parker Solar Probe mission on August 4th. Wish me luck.

I gave a listen Spacedog.
Sorry about the health setbacks....so, stay tough.

Being a long time science addict I'm first going to wish you well in having it played during the launch.....that would be extremely 'cool' smile if NASA uses it.

I think the song subject is a good one and the lyrics create good imagery.
I can easily imagine what the song is about even though you don't mention the 'mission' or 'launch' itself.....that makes your lyrics work well and is a manifestation of a skillful writing approach for this one.
Your vocals sound good and your performance works for me.

Well done and keep us informed....carry on.

Edited by chulaivet1966 (07/14/18 09:34 AM)

#481857 - 07/14/18 07:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Repost: Touch the Sun [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
This sounded really good on my monitors. Excellent mix. Super vocal. Cool lyrics

#481860 - 07/14/18 07:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Repost: Touch the Sun [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hello SD,

First, sorry to hear about the health issues. Hope all is better in the very near future.

Sounding good! I really like this. Your vocal is sounding terrific - might be the best I've heard from you. Very nice, indeed - a real pleasure to listen to.

Good luck with NASA!!! That would be really cool! Wishing you the best - in all regards.

ALan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#481882 - 07/15/18 04:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Repost: Touch the Sun [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the repost, I missed it the first time you posted.

Good song, great arrangement and write. Loved your vocal!

Blue Attitude Website

#481955 - 07/15/18 01:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Repost: Touch the Sun [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
First and foremost I hope you are doing better.

This may be your best to date. Good luck with NASA. As far as I am concerned this should be accepted by them

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#481971 - 07/15/18 03:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Repost: Touch the Sun [Re: SpaceDog]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Cool inspiration for the song and it has that big journey spirit. The chorus is catchy and I hope you are succesful with the submission.
Good vocals too.

Robert

#482037 - 07/16/18 07:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Repost: Touch the Sun [Re: SpaceDog]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Really nice work on this one! It is wonderfully catchy, and your vocal performance is strong and ear-catching. Above all else though, the mixing job on this is unreal. It is virtually indistinguishable from what you hear on the radio. It sounds crisp and perfectly layered.

You should be proud of this one - I wish you the best for your health, and hope we get to hear more from you soon smile

#482044 - 07/16/18 07:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Repost: Touch the Sun [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Best to you health wise and NASA wise!!!!

Sounds fine on our system.

Enjoyed revisiting it.

J&B

#482117 - 07/16/18 06:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Repost: Touch the Sun [Re: SpaceDog]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi SpaceDog, I enjoyed this! Specifically I really enjoyed the overall progression. I found the transition between the verses and choruses very smooth. Excellent work on the guitars and nice work on the vocals too. Thanks for sharing!

#482118 - 07/16/18 06:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Repost: Touch the Sun [Re: chulaivet1966]
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Thanks. I've been working on my songwriting with Martin Sutton's Song Writing Academy.

#482127 - 07/16/18 06:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Repost: Touch the Sun [Re: Scott C]
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Scott, Thx.

Alan, I'm glad you like it. I'm not singing enough to get better but OKay I guess.

Dave, Thanks. I like your website. Nice job

Mario, Glad you liked it. I hope to hear from NASA soon. I plan to be ready to play live if the opportunity comes up. Often does.

Robert, I'm glad the hook set. Thanks.

Deryk, Your comment really pleased me. I've been studying and practiing my mixing skills. We used the term "Radio Ready" on "The Recording Revolution" website. Glad this hit the mark.

J&B, Thanks for listening and commenting.

Joe, Thanks. Lots of great RealTraks in this. The RTs are so good, people have asked me how I learned to play all those instruments. Big time thanks to PGM!

#482213 - 07/17/18 02:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Repost: Touch the Sun [Re: SpaceDog]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Quote:
"Joe, Thanks. Lots of great RealTraks in this. The RTs are so good, people have asked me how I learned to play all those instruments. Big time thanks to PGM!"

You're welcome, and glad to hear you're having a good time with Band-in-a-Box!

You may find the following resources useful to you:

Tutorials and our technical FAQ:
http://www.pgmusic.com/howtos.htm
http://www.pgmusic.com/techfaq.htm

Windows Video tutorials
Band-in-a-Box http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm
RealBand http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.realband.htm

#482217 - 07/17/18 02:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Repost: Touch the Sun [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
What a fun song. I think you did a really great job with this one.

#483203 - 07/24/18 04:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Repost: Touch the Sun [Re: SpaceDog]
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Joe, Ember, thanks for listening and th e kind comments

#483217 - 07/24/18 07:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: Repost: Touch the Sun [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Hi SD. Hope things get easier for you. Really good effort here!! Very well written, arranged and mixed. Some nice lyrics. I particularly like:

In an epic dance with our fiery king
Gm A7
Gazing at his crown she begins to sing.

Hopefully the song will get used for that wonderful occasion! Take care. Greg

PG Music News
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to the latest build 419 to correct any improper messages for Natural Arrangements, apply VST setting improvements, experience faster customized RealTracks and RealDrums Pickers, and fix a few other user-reported issues within the program.

You'll also receive the latest DAW Plugin version 2.12.15 update, with more than 30 additions and updates, including additional options within context menus, the ability to loop a set of bars by highlighting them, and more!

Learn more about this FREE update and download it here.

Let's Hear Your Band-in-a-Box® Songs!

Working on your first song in Band-in-a-Box®? Or maybe you've built up a great collection of songs... Make sure to share them to the User Showcase Forum where other program users post their original songs too! Receive feedback, build your audience, and connect with other enthusiastic program users - you'll be happy you did!

While you're there, make sure to listen to some of the other great songs posted!

Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Forum Stats
32860 Members
68 Forums
66176 Topics
562064 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
VK3KKP, lonnydude, Dale Hamm, MikeHannigan, chemistsworld

32859 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 172
VideoTrack 140