Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#82324 08/11/10 05:35 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Expert
OP Offline
Expert

In the gazillion Real Tracks displayed in the Solo list there are almost no Guitar Solo entries.

Ninety-nine percent of them are Rhythm tracks.
And of the very few R/T Guitar solos, most of those are Heavy Metal.
That doesn't do very much good and I was very disappointed when starting to use 2010.5 and the "Summer" Ultra Pak.

I hope this changes very soon (at no additional cost).

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

In the gazillion Real Tracks displayed in the Solo list there are almost no Guitar Solo entries.

Ninety-nine percent of them are Rhythm tracks.
And of the very few R/T Guitar solos, most of those are Heavy Metal.
That doesn't do very much good and I was very disappointed when starting to use 2010.5 and the "Summer" Ultra Pak.

I hope this changes very soon (at no additional cost).

When I open RT picker window and filter for "Guitar solo" I get 29 hits, and I dont have the recent 2010.5 summer offerings. but you may be right, when I filter for "Guitar Rhythm", i get more than i can count.

More RTs will come but there will probably never be enought to satisfy all, and they will cost!

In this specific case not a problem for me since I play my own guitar solo's.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
I have 39. Of those only 5 are metal.
Remember with 2010.5 you have the half time/ double time feature. That lets you use a solo at half the reported tempo or twice the reported tempo.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Expert
Expert
I feel the same way about the lack of we'll say "country" guitar soloists. I have all of the RTs but I am no lead player - never have been.
But I expect guitar soloist RTs are not an easy task to create effectively. In fact stringed instrument soloists are not plentiful in the country sets. I've certainly got enough rhythm sets to last me.

If I need a soloist I turn to the midi soloists/melodists. But there again there are not more than a couple of soloists with a true "country" feel like traditional, or modern. And even then the user is faced with finding a "real" sounding midi guitar synth.

Still - the lack of country soloists is a weak point - better off to find a real guitarist through the Forum membership - maybe.

Cheers - Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
My gene pool needs more chlorine.
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I feel the same way about the lack of we'll say "country" guitar soloists. I have all of the RTs but I am no lead player - never have been.
But I expect guitar soloist RTs are not an easy task to create effectively. In fact stringed instrument soloists are not plentiful in the country sets. I've certainly got enough rhythm sets to last me.

If I need a soloist I turn to the midi soloists/melodists. But there again there are not more than a couple of soloists with a true "country" feel like traditional, or modern. And even then the user is faced with finding a "real" sounding midi guitar synth.

Still - the lack of country soloists is a weak point - better off to find a real guitarist through the Forum membership - maybe.

Cheers - Ian

I play lead guitar and am very interested in contributing to other people's projects. Likewise, if you can think of an instrument, somebody here plays it, and would probably be willing to collaborate.

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Quote:

I feel the same way about the lack of we'll say "country" guitar soloists.

But I expect guitar soloist RTs are not an easy task to create effectively.

Oh, absolutely. I'm sure it is more difficult.
But, as you said, we have enough rhythm tracks to last us for a while.
Some new Solos would be appreciated.

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Quote:

I play lead guitar and am very interested in contributing to other people's projects.

Pat,

My lead playing is only fair and I'd be very interested in taking you up on your offer.
I'll try and PM or e-mail you.

PS: I should note, however, that I've tried a couple of times before here to get (vocal) collaborations with very little (ie, no) success.

- Mark

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Mark lead solos are a rather weak point in my arsenal too, i hope for a few more as well in the future. I can see a few issues with them, and they must be rather generic to fit in multiple arrangements, and not to close to "signature" solos that are in popular songs. Also they will cost to get them as they require talanted musicians to record them and time to process them.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Veteran
Veteran
[quote
PS: I should note, however, that I've tried a couple of times before here to get (vocal) collaborations with very little (ie, no) success.

- Mark

that's a little bit like when a public speaker asks "are there any questions?" at the end of a presentation. Even when people DO have questions, they are slow to speak up. But if the speaker asks a specific individual for questions, he will almost always get a question.

Likewise, watch taglines in the forum to see who plays what instrument. Listen to peoples' musical contributions to determine whose performing style you enjoy... then specifically contact that person for collaboration. Specific personal requests get specific personal responses; therefore that approach tends to work better than a general request in the forum.

Personally, I'd like to see a lot more collaboration here. People get to know each other, and they fellowship around their music. It makes sense to expand the fellowship into shared projects.

(my 2 cents)

Expert
OP Offline
Expert

Sorry, Pat, I was not clear.

When I wrote "that I've tried a couple of times before here ... with very little (ie, no) success" I did not mean I was just broadcasting out to the entire forum and got no response.

What I meant was that actual one-on-one collaborations were arranged, files were exchanged, etc. and nothing ever came of it.

I've only had that process succeed once (with a contact from another forum) and I think I posted that song here a long time ago ... I don't remember ... it was a song I wrote about the Sago mine disaster.

PS: I see you got my PM. Thanks! - Mark

Expert
Expert
Mark
Quote:

nothing ever came of it

By this did you mean there was no final mix or posting of the tune?

In the User Forum now I have two posted songs in which Mario D was the guest guitarist - She Smokes and Separation Blues. He did a third one which I haven't posted in the User thread. The collab worked fine. Even easier now that we can transfer SEQs back and forth and forget about MP3s and making sure there is a count-in on the MP3.

Pat - are you primarily an acoustic lead or electric or both?

Mark - apologies - not trying to hijack your thread but you may have opened a window. Maybe its time to start another thread about collaboration.

Cheers - Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
Expert
OP Offline
Expert

Well, obviously they involved people on this forum and I don't wish to say anything that may seem critical of others or possibly place anyone in a bad light so we'll just say that things didn't work out.

That's not to say I'm not willing to try again.
I absolutely am.
I've written about 15 songs in the last two years or so and I've finished only one of them.
Most of that is a result, I'll admit, of my procrastinating nature but some of it is because I lack guitar playing and singing skills.

Veteran
Veteran
FirstBassman

Thanks

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Expert
Expert
Quote:

I don't wish to say anything that may seem critical of others

First Bassman - understood - not looking for particulars. Sometimes the best of intentions never see the light of day.

Have you tried the BIAB soloists? You set them for a spread of bars for a solo and then keep regenerating until you get one you like. Of course it's midi. If there's something you like, you can print out the tab and get a buddy to play it, or find a realistic guit synth. It's not the same thing, I know. We're being spoiled by the RTs.

Let us know if you find a good solution.

Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:

Pat - are you primarily an acoustic lead or electric or both?

That's a difficult question to answer because there are numerous ways to play lead on both acoustic and electric guitars, and I don't want to misrepresent myself. Electric style is reminiscent of 70's-90's rock and blues. Acoustic style is reminiscent of the decorative parts you might hear on a recording by James Taylor, Bread, CSNY, Eagles and the many other folk-country acts of the 60's & 70s

Quote:

Mark - apologies - not trying to hijack your thread but you may have opened a window. Maybe its time to start another thread about collaboration.

Cheers - Ian

yeah, that would be an interesting thread!

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Sorry, Pat, I was not clear.

When I wrote "that I've tried a couple of times before here ... with very little (ie, no) success" I did not mean I was just broadcasting out to the entire forum and got no response.

What I meant was that actual one-on-one collaborations were arranged, files were exchanged, etc. and nothing ever came of it.

I've only had that process succeed once (with a contact from another forum) and I think I posted that song here a long time ago ... I don't remember ... it was a song I wrote about the Sago mine disaster.

PS: I see you got my PM. Thanks! - Mark

Oh, OK.... my misunderstanding! I totally missed that one! Please accept my apology if my comment came across in a bad way.. it was certainly not the intent.

I look forward to our collaboration!

J
Apprentice
Apprentice
J
The lack of good country realtrack soloists and country piano is the reason I didn't upgrade this summer and probably won't until some become available, even if that should mean waiting a year or two.

At the moment I'm using the one usable country soloist for me electric soloist_cowboy EV 165 by jason roller, but it would sure be an incentive to upgrade if more were available.

Last edited by joemardo1; 08/13/10 04:06 AM.

joe
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Me, I'm still waiting for someone to show me a "Lead Guitar" hangin' on the music store rack.

I thought they was all pretty much just guitars - and I've known some cats who could play "Lead Rhythm Guitar"...

*grin*

--Mac

Journeyman
Journeyman
Yes Mac! I had a guitar pupil many years ago, who told me....."I don't want to learn chords, I just wan't to play 'lead' guitar". I managed to change his mind by playing some 'chord melody' for him! Regards, Joe G.

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Me, I'm still waiting for someone to show me a "Lead Guitar" hangin' on the music store rack.

I thought they was all pretty much just guitars - and I've known some cats who could play "Lead Rhythm Guitar"...

*grin*

--Mac

Back in 1978 I was involved with a Blues Band/Southern rock Band. Played a lot of Alman Brothers etc. Two drummers, Two guitars, Bass & singer. One of the guitar players was in the military and was leaving so we needed another. We auditioned this guy and he could play all the solos REAL well. Couldn't play a chord. He absolutely said he never learned.
I'm a little bit in the same boat. Been playing electric bass for 46 years and can't play guitar.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,885
Posts738,435
Members38,610
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Kendiatta, smokeybirdsept2679, Barry Thibault, jodanko, Palomeke
38,611 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 163