Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Epstein-Barr DC Ron 14 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Steve, another cool concept tune...love it! Great job exercising your theme and arranging an interesting soundscape. The instruments and mix do sound GREAT. Very fun listen.
Replies 8 Views 44 Read More
Re: On The Wings Of Love DC Ron 25 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
"That would mean having to listen to EDM...required more effort than I willing to make. " Ha! A laugh out moment for me. David, thanks for the detailed account. Think a song like this is more about the journey than the destination, and it sounds like you had many learning opportunities along the way here. And that's enough. But I like what you've done with the song (though not a genre I'm an expert at) and it sounds great to me. You describe Solara as sometimes "belting a song out", a characteristic that I hear as "singing show tunes". So I can't help but hear this as a show tune. But there ARE folks on the stage dancing, so it is a dance tune to me as well. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS on your thoughtful excursion. Looking forward to your next one!
Replies 1 Views 9 Read More
Re: From the West to the Caribbean DC Ron 37 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mike, very fun and quite tropical indeed! I'm going to be looking for a frosty, fruit flavored beverage with possibly a tiny umbrella, and a spot in the shade. Irie!
Replies 1 Views 10 Read More
Re: BACH: Prelude in C (a BIAB take on it, with minimal help from me :) ) rsdean 37 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
James, Beautiful... So well arranged and mixed. A really great piece. Bob
Replies 5 Views 31 Read More
Re: Sweet Home Normandy DC Ron 54 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Love the concept of a "Sweet Home Normandy" counterpoint to, say, "Sweet Home Alabama". Just brilliant. And love what you've done with this song, including the fantastical lyrics and imagery. Everything sounds great, too. Good to have lyrics as some of the phrasings are not easy (for me) to understand. REALLY love the BIG ending. Too funny!
Replies 6 Views 41 Read More
Re: Bob and Me on Three Dash Three DC Ron 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Cool jam! That lead guitar does have a nice sound and perfect ambience for this style. Love your playing, too! Very old school but fresh sounding. This one may get stuck in my head today...not a bad thing!
Replies 6 Views 36 Read More
Re: Search Realdrum / Style / Realtrack by tapping rhythm. swingbabymix 1 hour ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
A BIG +1 2024!
Replies 18 Views 998 Read More
Re: How should I find it quickly? Cerio 3 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Currently you must use filters, which is a slow and inefficient way of searching, given the high number of realtracks, and the need to listen to them one by one. A better, more efficient search method has been suggested, consider adding your+1 here: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=746036#Post746036
Replies 1 Views 32 Read More
Re: One Way Ticket, Live busking track DonnyGee 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Wow! Thanks for all the love. I just want to take a moment and mention that the best donations a busker can get is a dance reaction in the shadow. I do believe that live music is making a small comeback, not with donations but with great reactions. I wish I could record some of the great reactions that people have. Today, I got a can of Ravioli, it is in my memory forever. Yesterday, a parent who was listening taught his son or daughter to be nice with a penny, that is my idea of a great dad. Thank you for the great comments, as a song writer, it means the world. Donny G
Replies 8 Views 109 Read More
Re: What is the total number of styles after BIAB2024 installation? JohnJohnJohn 7 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I've bought everything they offered since my original purchase in 2012 and I currently show 11,144 styles.
Replies 26 Views 695 Read More
Re: Got Too Close Tonight Bass Thumper 9 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
A great production and this really shows what BiaB can do. Job well done. I particularly liked the bridge.
Replies 21 Views 274 Read More
Re: Help! Real Band keeps crashing! Rob Helms 9 hours ago Forum: RealBand Jump to new postsJump to new posts
JAOM, if i am not wrong the ACW was revamped either this year or last. I really don't use it much but used to. I found that most of the issues i had were mostly pilot error. Tapping out a tempo was not as easy as i thought.
Replies 15 Views 1,459 Read More
Re: Art MPA II Tube Pre Amp - Anyone Used For Vocals? justanoldmuso Yesterday at 11:41 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
var impedence. For those happy with current pre but no var imp feature...never used but art have a new product called rp1. it has a variable imp input. for ribbon and dynamic mics. so one can go i guess as follows mic to rp1 to next device in chain. it also is a signal booster. for more info see arts web site. for other similar var imp gear and boosters. just google. eg i just came across alctron ? hth. om
Replies 17 Views 214 Read More
Re: Tattooed Ezekiel's Storm Yesterday at 10:59 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I would guess this would be one of her top valentine gifts ever. The sincerity is apparent in the vocal performance. Cool backing track that works seamlessly with the lyrics and melody.
Replies 29 Views 547 Read More
Re: We Were Alive MarioD Yesterday at 10:49 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Marty and Dave, you hit another one out of the park! A totally awesome song. Great vocal, bass, guitar, and mix - as always!
Replies 12 Views 106 Read More
Re: Suno - AI Music Generator DJ Jazzy Jimbob Yesterday at 10:00 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I've made music for 20 years. I started out making synth-pop and new wave. I have used Band-in-a-Box for ideas, but never in my final creations. Since I discovered Suno, I've had an idea for a chord progression in a song, put that in the lyrics, and tried about 20 times to get something close to my original vision. Then, I split the tracks into stems with Musicfy, remove the vocals, and add some elements in FL Studio. Then I kick that into the chord analyzer in BIAB, find a good backing track and solo, and kick that back out to FL Studio. Then I sing along and use my vocals as well as licensed AI vocals with Musicfy, and walla, I have a creation. It sounds nuts, but it takes about a day for an entire song. The last song I made was a country song with a silly title: "You look pretty". I refined Suno's output with BIAB fiddles and some rhythm elements, along with my own and licensed AI vocals. I did keep some instrumental stems from Suno. I don't know how ethical it is, but it's so mutated by the time I put it on YouTube; who knows? It's new territory.
Replies 14 Views 1,345 Read More
Re: HOPE BEYOND THE GRAVE rayc Yesterday at 09:58 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
A fabulous construction..a band that responds to the narrative and feel, a superb voice & ouch that lead - short n sweet. You're an exemplar Torrey.
Replies 13 Views 209 Read More
Re: Cold Plate (Feat. PeterF on guitar) Janice & Bud Yesterday at 09:35 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi Bud, Janice and Peter, Like all the others above me here, I enjoyed the song a lot and in every aspect; the style, melody, vocals, the band and the mixing. Great! So, no complains? No, other than that I warned Janice a lot of times by now, she always seeks the wrong friends... (except Bud). So I'm glad her revenge is served very cold. That must be something... I therefore reward this with a triple A status!!! Hans
Thanks Hans. Yep, J&B have an incredibly wonderful marriage and have for 44 years but Janice is like an actor - she plays the roll learning the song, records it and then forgets all about it. smile Glad you like it! J&B
Replies 45 Views 1,442 Read More
Re: DXplug64.exe problem in RB stratos Yesterday at 09:07 PM Forum: RealBand Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Jeff. Thanks for answering . It starts getting into the processing window VERY short, it dissappears and then I get this message: [Linked Image]
Replies 5 Views 106 Read More
Re: LOVE WITHOUT PAROLE: David Snyder firesong Yesterday at 08:27 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
David..."love without parole"...great hook...really nice track...lyrically stellar...I love the piano work here...great write David!
Replies 29 Views 574 Read More
Re: Question re useing new bb 2024 special reaper features in older reaper versions. musocity Yesterday at 08:27 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The other issue with RealBand is it's not crossplatform. The PLUGIN is crossplatform but then the backend BBW4 is not and it has to wait 6 months for the Mac version BBW4. So going way into the future, long after I have gone, they may have a total crossplatform Biab DAW rather than this 6 months apart double programming time business. You may see AI code translation that could translate the old Delphi code into crossplatform C++ ??? I tried years ago to get a crossplatform 64bit but not many had the insight to see what I saw back then: programming language upgrade delphi to c++
Originally Posted by Pipeline
So we are all settled on a vsti version and a 64 bit c++ audio workstation version I will mark that as confirmed. The existing delphi32 version as stated will still be available for the older users and the 64 bit c++ audio workstation will also be ported to Macintosh.
Replies 26 Views 385 Read More
Saying goodbye to old gear eddie1261 Yesterday at 08:10 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I decided a few weeks ago to start selling my stuff. It came down to me deciding that I wanted to be the one who decides what to charge for each item and who gets it rather than leaving those decisions to my estate who would likely get it wrong. This weekend was particularly tough. I ended up selling BOTH of my old Ensoniq keyboards to two different people. I had the ESQ-1 since 1988 and the EPS16 sampler since 1990. Those boards have probably played 2500 gigs over the years I owned them. Remember I quit playing full time in 1994, but those 3 years in the Motown band we played 350 shows a year, with the 3 days of doubleheaders we played every week for 7 months of the year making up a lot of them. The ESQ-1 in particular was tough. I opened the bag up one last time and played chords as I said "G this is rough. B good to this guy. You never gave me even A MINOR problem, and he will make you A MAJOR part of his rig. C you around old friend. " And the proceeds are going to my mortgage so when I die and my buddy buys it for mortgage balance (as my will states) it will work out for him.
Replies 0 Views 31 Read More
Re: PGMusic Grammys? eddie1261 Yesterday at 07:58 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
Personally, I think the User Showcase Award is sufficient. It's based on who PG thinks is best representing and using the product in real life, regardless of genre.
Another plus 1.
Replies 10 Views 163 Read More
Re: Ghost Of Love rsdean Yesterday at 07:33 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Floyd, I appreciate the kind words... Thank you. Bob
Replies 26 Views 575 Read More
Re: Faith's Gonna Rise Today firesong Yesterday at 05:53 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by rsdean
Dan, Truly outstanding work... Great song with a great melody. The voice you chose is great - sounds natural and perfect for the lyrics. Love the mix! Excellent! Bob
Bob...thanks for your comments...I appreciate them...Dan
Originally Posted by Al-David
Hi Dan, Well, at least you had a great voice (willing to bet it's still a real nice listen). Until about 2000, I had a pretty decent baritone voice. That I had a really bad accident that affected my vocal chords. Now I have a wobbly, pitchy tenor voice. I've considered the synth voice approach, but I'm not sure I have the technical skills to do so. All that said, you did a great job on this - really nice! It's a terrific song and Hayden pulled it off so good! Looking forward to hearing more of these from you. But I have to admit, that silky smooth voice of yours is such a pleasure to hear. Excellent job on this first effort with the new tools we have for music production. Enjoyed this a lot! Wishing you everything good. Alan
Alan...you should give it a try...as talented as you are with BiaB you'd catch on real quick...thanks for your comments...Dan
Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
Dan I thought you were talking about me when describing your current voice status! I honestly feel like you are selling yourself short with your vocal assessment! I feel your sound is as good as the synth voice! But with that said, I feel you did a Pro calibre job here using that tool. This track sounds amazing to me! I really have great admiration for your work and always love the message! Don't ever stop creating these awesome songs! Thanks, TB
Torrey...man you're still in top form...my days are past but I'm not done with music...hopefully I can write again now and have a voice (albeit virtual) to sing with! I always appreciate your encouragement! Dan
Originally Posted by tommyad
Dan, I have always enjoyed your vocals, that said, you have done an outstanding job with the synth voice. Great melody and your usual well written and pro production. Well done,Tom
Tommy...thanks for your comments...I value your opinions...Dan
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Dan, An outstanding "first effort" with the Synth Vocal. Have to say...my preference would be to hear your "write to your voice" as it is today. The "difference" could become "a cool new voice"????? (I'm experiencing the old-age-degradation thing, too. I expected I'd lose most at the top, but it's the bottom that gives me the most trouble...) Nice to hear some "new" sounds coming 'round. That being said, I thought the claps were overdone (too constant through the song). Opinion. I enjoyed your piano work on this. There is a "fresh-ness" to the write. I like it! Looking forward to where you go from here... Keep it up. fj
Floyd...I really appreciate your comments...yeah, a whole new world...I noticed the low range was the first to go for me also...hard to sing and breathe and that means loss of proper pitch so ...that's the end game for me...oh well onward and upward! Thanks for your comments...Dan
Originally Posted by MarioD
Dan, for a first pass with a synth voice this is really good. Super mix Great lyrics!
Mario...it's a lot of work...I hope it pans out...thanks...Dan
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Dan, well, didn't see THIS coming. Then again, some of life's greatest pleasures are unexpected. I do love your recent posted vocal recordings, but you've done a great job here outlining your naturally majestic vocal style to a super new song. Suspect you will continue to refine your skills in very short order, and produce music that's even closer to what you're hearing in your head. I really applaud your creativity and effort in deciding to do this at all, much less at such a very high level. Would have been way too easy to quit. Bravo!
Ron...I'm not done posting old recordings (my archives are not complete yet) but this gives my writing a fresh birth I think...I really appreciate your kind comments...Dan
Replies 10 Views 148 Read More
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,307
Posts731,355
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213