Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Beginners Forum
Thanks Mike for your help. It seems your tip worked. I need to test it further but cannot do so now. I did get an instance of the Realdrums not clashing anymore but they were muffled.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Hallelujah She's My Baby by Rob4580 @ 58 minutes 47 seconds ago

Hey David. Reminds me of something Rays Charles would write. nicely done. Rob
User Showcase
Really enjoyed this catchy upbeat tune. Congrats to all. Rob
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: *New* The Note-(Albion Acoustic Folk Rock) by Rob4580 @ Today at 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Torrey BlissGreat sound on this Rob! I agree with Scott that I hear a hint of Marty Robbins in your vocal! The new style sound very nice in this! Thanks, Torrey Hello Torrey. Thank you for your comment. Rob
RealBand
OK 1. ST4 is 64 bit only 2. ST4 LEARN works in 64-bit BIAB 3. ST 4 LEARN TRIES to show up in 32-bit BIAB (if you right click on a ST 4 control like volume slider you can see it blinking into and out of "existence") 4. ST4 behavior in Realband, remember RB is ONLY 32-bit, behaves exactly the same as it does in 32-bit BIAB there is clearly an issue between the 32-bit app (BIAB and RB) using JBridge and communication with 64 bit ST4's. May or may not be JBridge communications iss
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Jump to new posts Re: Error when opening .seq file by Bob Calver @ Today at 02:54 PM

suggest for safety while its working you save it under another name just in case. then try opening both files - the old one and the renamed one. if the error persists on the old one but not the new one, continue with the new one. no idea what has caused it but better to use a file with no problems than persist with one that might deteriorate further. mind you shutting down the pc and restarting might get rid of the error!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Dinner At The Grand (jazz) by cubanpete @ Today at 02:06 PM

Will, nice piece, my kind of music. Only observation if I may is that however nice the bass walk is I think sometimes it sounded a little long with just the bass and piano comping. Other than that I liked it. I'm not particularly fan of many styles or genres played in this forum but when is done well (which is most of the cases) I have to comment favorably. It's only fair. Well done. Mike B.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Images for Sax by cubanpete @ Today at 01:53 PM

Pretty nice Rich. Nice playing too. Mike B.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Musescore review followed by one for Sibelius by Larry Kehl @ Today at 01:18 PM

Lovers of MuseScore, and I think we have a lot of users here grit your teeth, watch WHOLE thing, the end might surprise you. No Animal was harmed doing the making of these video's (and will probably be improved because of it). I think Finale's and Dorico's "turn in the barrel" is coming up. Musescore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hZxo96x48A Sibelius https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKx1wnXClcI If nothing else they were fun to watch Enjoy (or not) Larry
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
This is a sweet internal sound card. Suggested Retail is about $249 US. Nice to see there are sound card options besides Creative. I like Creative but competition makes everyone better. +++ Review Link +++ +++ Manufacturer Product Link 01 +++ & +++ Manufacturer Product Link 02 +++
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Immediacy of Opinions by chulaivet1966 @ Today at 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim FogleI think many times a song is posted without much direction regarding why the post exists. When a song is posted for listening pleasure, say so. If a song is posted as a lyrics showcase, say so. If the poster is seeking advice, then say you're seeking advice about so and so. I totally agree....it's best to be specific about what type of 'direction' the OP desires. Me....if I post a song, it's finished, and I'm only concerned about how the mix translates to oth
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Stefan, I THINK you will need to use SampleTank 3 on another MIDI channel beside the THRU channel. The idea of the Band-in-a-Box THRU channel is to provide MIDI a pathway outside Band-in-a-Box and the computer box. The intent is to use MIDI to control (external) devices like sound modules or effects pedals that reside outside the computer.
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Dream Lover - help with the "stops".. by Jim Fogle @ Today at 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: musicloverOk Notes has invented these expanded styles, which makes me wonder why hasn't PGmusic found a workaround over the long number of years that basically does the same thing, surely its not impossible to do? Notes has explained how to create your own expanded styles many times in the past. To summarize how I understand the idea: (1) Consider each Band-in-a-Box bar can be used like a spreadsheet cell. Then consider each cell can equal 1/2 a musical division or 1/2
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Take a Bath © J Hughes by David Snyder @ Today at 11:59 AM

Jim, Ha ha! This is really funny. I sure am not going to tell you this songs stinks, after all this. No sir, this song smells good!!!!
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: RealDrums don't always generate an ending? by Mike02392 @ Today at 11:52 AM

Hmm, I've just been reminded of this issue. Does anyone have any ideas? The Realdrums track is "ChaChaFull^3-a:Brushes , b:Ride Contemporary"
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: She's Come Around by Sundance @ Today at 11:44 AM

Top Drawer FJ! Love the melody and chord progression, killer drum sound right in the sweet spot - along with everything else in their sweet spots. Terrific vocals. I could gush on and on but I think it's clear I love it. I'd give it two hearts if I could. I think this is really one of your best songs.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Remember by Jim @ Today at 11:02 AM

Nicely done epic... Mixing Shakespearean type lyrics with pop lyrics &... Giving it a modern musical bed upon which to lay... This tune could stand-alone or be a part of a theatrical production... I enjoyed hearing your composition.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Heroes by Ezekiel's Storm @ Today at 09:58 AM

I hadn't heard this style before, but I like it. It works well with the lyrics and your vocal delivery. I like your lyrics on this, especially the last three lines.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Your Kiss by Ezekiel's Storm @ Today at 09:52 AM

Wow! You crafted a nice melody. Vocal is fantastic. Thanks. I enjoyed this.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Beyond the Sky (rough test) by Bob P @ Today at 08:55 AM

Was the entire vocals provided by that site?
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Goodbye Song by Bob P @ Today at 08:52 AM

I really like this song and the harmony in the chorus is really professional
User Showcase
Wow-- this is really good-- First the vocals and harmony are great. The instrumentation and mix was really well done... Thanks!
UserTracks (and other add-ons)
Jump to new posts Re: A brilliant free Clean Guitar sfz by Icelander @ Today at 08:35 AM

Originally Posted By: RobHWhat would be the best player for these? The "sforzando" application/vst that comes with Band-in-a-Box (in recent releases) is designed to be just that for you. That was rather the whole point of this tip in he first place, see Edit: it's interesting that as detailed as your list of gear is there, Rob, the actual version of your BBox is missing
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
Jump to new posts Re: VST - First Impression After Initial Hands-On by ryclark @ Today at 06:34 AM

Not exactly 'new'. I've been around since at least BIAB 2010 and this thread has been particularly about the VST plugin, which has only been in existence this year. So I'm afraid that I don't really understand why you are complaining here not elsewhere?
RealBand
Jump to new posts Re: Does Real Band Save VSTi Settings? by David Snyder @ Today at 06:33 AM

Thanks rharv, that is exactly what I am talking about. I have to "save group" and then recall that each time, I can't figure out for the life of me why it won't save instruments. The Aria board comes back up upon reload, but the instruments are not there. The board is blank. Guess I will call tech support. Thanks!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
PG Music News
Learn More About the Redesigned Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker!

Wow - how much do you LOVE the redesigned SongPicker in Band-in-a-Box® 2019?!

The SongPicker within Band-in-a-Box® accesses the folder of your choosing for easy opening of all your favorite songs, or song files purchased from a third party or shared by a friend, member of your band, etc.

Now, with this redesigned feature, you can view the chord progression for your selected song without having to open it in Band-in-a-Box® and can copy the information from this window right into a TXT file!

The new progress bar is a great visual aid when you're updating the folder - for instance, if you load the ENTIRE Band-in-a-Box® folder, that's over 15,000 songs - and it's nice to see the progress/confirmation on screen. Not that you'll be waiting long - since the SongPicker now builds lists faster!

Plus, there's so many filters added - searching for the song you want has never been easier!

Click here for a detailed write up on this redesigned feature, or watch the Video - SongPicker Overview.

TBT - Band-in-a-Box® 2015 Sound Bytes Review!

Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows was released on December 2014, and added GUI enhancements, support for 64-bit VST Plugins using jBridge, the ability to Load & Play videos PLUS save your song as a video... and more!

Check out the candid Sound Bytes review of Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows here.

Band In a Box grew up and became very mature software, offering a whole new world of possibilities – and we all just missed the progress, thinking that it is still the old toy that we used to know.
-A. Arsov

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Chord Options

Learn more about the Chord Options within Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Watch the video.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 625 Now Available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 625 Now Available

An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019!

Learn more about this update & download it here.

This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2019 build. VST DAW Plugin update to 1.13.5 is included in this patch.

Summary of changes for build 625 (March 19, 2019):

This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2019 build. VST DAW Plugin update to 1.13.5 (Mar 7) is included in this patch.

Improved: Faster program bootup.
Improved: The SongPicker has sorting added. Each column can be sorted in forward or reverse order by clicking on the column.
Improved: New buttons [Search] and [Search Again] in the SongPicker allow you to search for certain text.
Improved: In the SongPicker, pressing the first letter jumps to that song (using the sorted column). If you type more than one character (within 2 seconds), such as typing ba it will jump to songs beginning with "ba".
Improved: SongPicker Options window has "play when chosen" added.
Improved: SongPicker Options window has option to disable sorting (if you have a slow machine and more than 40,000 songs in a list, you might want to disable sorting).
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might prompt user to re-activate their license. Users who are still getting a message such as "program can only used on one computer" at bootup, can repair their license with this small .exe.
Fixed: Noise and frozen playback problems when using SampleTank 3 on some computers.
Fixed: The Big Lyrics window would automatically open when opening a song that contained only section text events.
Fixed: RealDrums picker might crash if no RealDrums are selected.
Fixed: The letter R cannot be used in note based lyrics.
Fixed: Audio base tempo would not be applied until song was reopened or Audio Edit window open prior to playback.
Fixed: The SongPicker displayed a dark grey background after rebuilding.
Fixed: Various minor typos in StylePicker and Titles database as reported.
Improved: LD harmonica RealTracks will now work better over major chord progressions.
Fixed: Look Ma More MIDI .SGU demos were not loading from StylePicker.
Improved: Strings, Rhythm PopCountry Sw 120: gaps are filled more appropriately.
Fixed: RockEven16 Drums sometimes played an ending bar in the middle of the song in the B section.
Fixed: Various RealDrums transcriptions had issues with bars displaying incorrectly.
Added: RealDrums transcriptions
Fixed: Guitar, Electric, Background ModernFunkSingleNotesBob Ev16 11 transcription partially incorrect.
Fixed: _SONGBRD demo was at an incorrect tempo.
Added: RealTracks Transcriptions
Fixed: Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm FastPowerRockQuinn Ev 160 - some chords incorrectly played.
Fixed: Synth, BellPad, Rhythm 80sPopMelodic Ev 120 was not playing back properly.
Fixed: Bass, Electric, PeruFestejo68 Sw 120 now plays m7b5 chords more accurately.
Fixed: Bass, Electric, PunkFuzzPicked8ths Ev 165 and Bass, Electric, PunkFuzzPickedA-B Ev 165 were playing a few incorrect chords.
Improved: Several acoustic strumming guitar audition demos.
Fixed: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernPopHardHighMurray Ev16 075 was playing incorrect chords in certain instances.
Fixed: Charango, Rhythm AndesHuayno Ev16 085 and Electric, AndesHuaynoA-B Ev16 085 were not playing all chords
Fixed: A few RealStyles (e.g. _longing.sty) previously had parts on the melody track, and would therefore delete any existing melodies.
Fixed: _Arabian demo incompatible with localized BB versions.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Chord Sheet Display Options

Learn more about the Chord Sheet Display Options within Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch the video.

You can also read all about Chord Sheet Display Options within our Online Manual.

Add Cellist Natalie Haas to Your Band with RealTracks Set 325!

New with Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - RealTracks Set 325: Celtic Cello with Natalie Haas!

Watch the video demo of these RealTracks here.

RealTracks Set 325: Celtic Cello with Natalie Haas is available for $29 here, and is also included in the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition, or PlusPAK Upgrade. You can also purchase this RealTracks Set bundled with all the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 released Country RealTracks (Sets 320-328) in the RealPAK: Country 15 for $79.

Learn more about Natalie Haas here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Review!

Visit www.gearslutz.com and you'll find a recent (and thorough!) review of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

Band-in-a-Box has evolved into an expansive musical tool-set, able to aid both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical "talent". It's easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. An amazing program.
-Sound-Guy

www.gearslutz.com/board/reviews/1248525-pg-music-band-box.html

Summary
Sound quality: 5/5 Stars
Ease of use: 4/5 Stars
Features: 5/5 Stars
Bang for buck: 5/5 Stars
Overall: 4.75/5 Stars!

Forum Stats
29191 Members
60 Forums
57410 Topics