Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Well, hopefully, I'm wrong. I spent a lot of money on my Macbook Pro. Apple is a much, much larger more diverse company now than when they first switched to Intel. Maybe they can make it all work, maybe they can get the software vendors to rewrite all their code. Maybe......I hope you are right and I'm wrong.
User Showcase
Oh, I thought it was Baker Street. Glad it wasn't a reference to that album though. differing interpretations for different ears & tastes I suppose - not much of an SD fan knowing only a couple of songs - though the lyric snippets do give it away after a while - even to a Philistine like myself. Smooth, richly arranged and mellowly sung - that'd be fitting as a tribute.
Off-Topic
I really liked all of these details! I also think that online marketing is very popular but most of the business owners considered SMS marketing as old fashioned. But if you truly want to grow yourself then you will have to use both these techniques because not everyone is using internet even in the modern scenario. I am already using text messaging service for business and getting very good results.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Dr Robert`s Remarkable Restorative with ScottC by PeterF @ Yesterday at 10:59 PM

Robert / Scott Where can I get some? Amusing clever song - nice atmosphere you created, enjoyed the lyrics and Scott's complimentary playing. A very enjoyable collaboration. Peter
Forum des Utilisateurs Français de Band-in-a-Box
Jump to new posts Re: Tutoriel complet Band in a Box by tuto mao guitare @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM

Bonjour à tous, si vous avez envie de passer sur une carte UAD (carte son ou carte DSP), alors je peut vous parrainer et ainsi vous bénéficierai d'un plugin UAD OFFERT! Je précise que les cartes Sons UAD sont très largment au dessu des antelope audio. Ne vous laissez pas "avoir" par antelope audio, ils font du forcing pour concurrencer UAD mais antelope n'arrive pas à la cheville d'UAD. Donc pour bénéficier d'un plug-ins offert, envoyer moi votre adresse email (avant l'ac
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Nighttime Wonderland by dcuny @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

Heavy drums and organ - very 70's. I'm with Deryk - the guitar arpeggios hint at Pink Floyd, and the guitar solo points in that direction as well. Cool listen - I envy both your skill and productivity!
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Wheel mouse scroll not working in BB? by Antho1965 @ Yesterday at 07:37 PM

Did the reset and still no happiness here.... Mouse scroll does not work in BB... However works fine in RB.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: It's The Simple Things by gruverider @ Yesterday at 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Greg JohnsonWOW!!!!! What a song!!! What a vocal!!! This is SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!!!! The arrangement is perfect, and again I have to say.....WOW, that vocal!!! Love it Lawrence!!! Take care. Greg Greg, thank you so very much. I glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Originally Posted By: raycBIAB went the whole hog in REAL - the clicks and taps i the classical guitar track &/or bass track really place one in the room. The arrangement, lyric and vocal perfor
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Visit us at the NAMM Show! by Jim Fogle @ Yesterday at 06:41 PM

I'm looking forward to reading updates and seeing photos! I've heard summer NAMM seems to have a little more laid back and relaxed atmosphere than the winter session. Nashville is a tourist mecca with lots to see and do so hopefully you'll have an opportunity to see the sights a little bit. Just be careful as the heat is going to be dangerous the next couple of days!
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Can the forum software show me only certain forums? by Matt Finley @ Yesterday at 06:20 PM

I couldn’t make it work, either, after exploring settings and filters I had never seen. But thanks for trying!
RealBand
Jump to new posts Re: VST Plugins not fully displaying by Pipeline @ Yesterday at 05:37 PM

http://www.energy-xt.com/download/26/energyXT26VST.zip Full Screen
Best of YouTube
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG MusicThis is a mash up that I never would have expected but it was really cool to listen to. Hi Ember, I agree. It's pretty impressive! The audience were spellbound from start to finish. All the best, Noel
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Originally Posted By: Matt FinleyI LOVE writing backing parts for cello. An amazing instrument with the tremendous capability to augment almost anything. In college, I was learning cello. I was also playing basketball and kept breaking my ring finger. No more basketball, and no more cello. But that sound stayed with me. Hi Matt. I agree. It's an awesome instrument! Have a look at the below link, it's bound to give you ideas on how versatile the cello can be. https://www.pgmusic.com/for
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: JUST another FYI by Larry Kehl @ Yesterday at 03:06 PM

Matt it's just G.A.S. - LOL Larry
Don't replace the style, replace the instrument (RealTrack). Select the Channel (Bass) and either Right Click or alternately select the RealTrack Picker and you can substitute any RT with any RT you desire. You can also replace a RT with a MIDI instrument.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Doomed! by Tommyc @ Yesterday at 02:54 PM

Thanks Hans!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Accidental Memories by Tommyc @ Yesterday at 02:50 PM

Thanks Y'all!
Songwriting
Wanted to jump in on this conversation and offer my 2 cents. I confess that I haven't read all the replies, so somebody may have already covered this, but a point to be made about the numbers the OP mentions, and how it relates to spotify/streaming income. Keep in mind that a substantial portion of the monies you receive from Spotify are royalties due to you as a label/artist. The actual songwriting portion of that money is very small, something like 14x less than the label/artist portion. O
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: NEW SONG -TEARS by Hugh2 @ Yesterday at 02:42 PM

Thanks Hans,David I will get someone to sing it at the pro level and it should sound professional but might lose the quirkiness pitched vocals have.The vocals shouldnt work at any level but they have a strange attractiveness to them which I think maybe down to the subject matter of the song .I left it glitchy David as it added an oddness to it.Again I will get someone to sing it but my aim was to get a demo for my friends to sing but I thought id throw it out there as it was an oddity vocals wis
Jump to new posts Re: time change issue using realTracks by R Brown @ Yesterday at 02:32 PM

I think I stumbled onto the problem and fixed it....completely by accident. When I encountered the issue I described above, I had only completed the song chord sheet through the intro, verse, chorus and a turnaround going into the 2nd verse. So the complete song chart wasn't there....I hit play to see if it was working, and got the error I described. On a whim, I went ahead and completed the song chart, thinking that if somebody gave me the solution, I could implement it and the song would b
Jump to new posts Re: Tracks sound compressed by Noel96 @ Yesterday at 02:23 PM

Hi Marty, Welcome to the forums. The first thing to check is if the tempo of the song is set to the tempo recommended for the Realtracks. For example, if a Realtrack has 120 at the end of it's name, this means that it will sound best if the song is set to 120 bpm. A tempo setting that's too far away from 120 bpm will introduce audio artifacts and these will cause the track to sound a little strange. Secondly, enter into Audio Settings (as shown on the upper image below) and check the status o
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: It's so Confusing... by Birchwood @ Yesterday at 02:11 PM

Hi Janne, Greg, Deryk, Joe, Janice & Bud, and Ember, Thanks for your reactions on Confusing. It was fun making it, especially the lyrics. You were right about that, Janice and Bud and Janne. And I did like making it this way. I also tried it in another lower minor key and hesitated which sounded better. This one gave the song more dynamics (or energy), so you're right about that Deryk and Joe. But I realised these kind of songs are very transient. Therefore not so not much listeners. The
Jump to new posts Re: Mac OS Catalina by Mike Halloran @ Yesterday at 01:36 PM

Quote:Joanne Cooper who ... claims the word from PG Music is late August. That should be around the time that the final beta is released for Catalina. Makes sense. Thanks for the heads up!
Jump to new posts incorrect bass playing in Biab. Even in version 2018! by Dzjang @ Yesterday at 12:39 PM

After not having used Biab for a long time, I started using it on and off again since version 2012 and buying all the updates. I have 2018 now. Midi with good Kontakt instruments sounds killer. (It does) Biab knows a lot of chords, but doesn’t play them correctly. It’s been like this since I started using it in the nineties. Realizing this hasn’t changed despite all the features and updates, makes me sad. After checking over and over again, I came to this conclusion (Turned off and on and
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: A music store got robbed last week..... by Notes Norton @ Yesterday at 12:37 PM

"Thanks For The Memories"
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® in 11 Languages!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows available in languages other than English? It's true - we have 10 other languages available for Band-in-a-Box® 2019! Head to www.bandinabox.com and you'll see a list of all our language options! This list can also be accessed by clicking on the "English EN" near the top right corner of our website.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows language options:
Danish | Dutch | French | German | Italian | Polish | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish | Swedish

Already have the English version, and want a different language? Reach out to our Customer Service Team with your request and you'll be running your preferred language in no time at all!

Forum Stats
29755 Members
60 Forums
58773 Topics
495928 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
William Sterling, Stewedin, lindagriffithh, therandy, dematthews

29754 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 141
Matt Finley 127