Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Professional User Testimonial And Demo #rodneygenejunior #BIAB by Charlie Fogle @ 4 minutes 19 seconds ago

Great video from start to finish. Enjoyed this a lot.
User Showcase
Hi all wrote this a little while back. All comments welcome. Rob4580 Get Me Back To You I went out late last night to see were you had gone. Searched every bar and honk tonk for you. Been searching high and low till my tear drops start to flow. Please find a way to get me back to you. Chorus I'm going down heart break road again. Your coming back but I don't know when. Bridge Chorus I'm going down heart break road again. Your coming back but I don't know when. Verse Then I saw you wa
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: J'ai perdu la notion du temps by Rob4580 @ Today at 03:36 AM

Congrats on the production and vocal. Very enjoyable. Rob4580
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Games Non Can Play - sans Misha by Rob4580 @ Today at 03:30 AM

That intro got my attention right off. Reminds of something from the eighties may be a touch of "Split Endz". Has a real spooky feel but in a good way. Well crafted lyrics and a great mix. Morse code at the end was a nice touch. Well done to all. Rob4580
Best of YouTube
Wow, what an amazingly powerful voice. Richness, quality, perfection, dynamic range, and variation (the unexpected gospel delivery). This surely has to match the best from Whitney and others. Michael had no choice but to be absolutely impressed. What a sensational arrangement. Excellent, truly excellent !!!
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Paternity leave by musiclover @ Today at 12:59 AM

Many Congrats, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEJKLEF1HSg
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Lairs Of Lonely Souls by rayc @ Today at 12:52 AM

Wow, this slid to page two of the forum in half a day - things are happening too fast on page one & there's a bit over blanket bombing with that too. Found this anyway. The spoons didn't actually seem to fit with the style of the melody - it seems like it forces a happy major key impression when the theme and melody are sadder. The double tracked vocals worked well. Good effort.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: DRIVE TIME - guitar instrumental by rayc @ Today at 12:45 AM

I really like my ACtone pedal. I don't use it ofetn and almost always DI when I do but it has THAT sound. Ancient Alesis - I have an ancient Alesisi Reverb III - it has 3 decent settings! Interesting use of the pitch pedal - is that clean & wet at equal measure? This is all about standing in the sun & seeing the Shadows.
User Showcase
Seems like fun though the bottom end is a bit thin. Who or what does what?
User Showcase
RX7 - expensive tools. The vocals sound as they're in a different room to the music - the backing vocals emphasize this too. You could try throwing a reverb across the whole mix that is close to the effect the vocal seems to sit in - it would sound quite 60s as well as suitably spacey. Very energetic song, melody & mix.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday (Baby Jesus) by rayc @ Today at 12:27 AM

The backing seems pretty tidy though there's a lot of string noise in RealTrack 2552. The stereo image is good too. I mentioned my concerns regarding your vocal tracks so won't go into them again. Lyrically I'm confused about a song addressed to new born that is believed, generally, to have become an adult. I don't understand the many positions on trinity, monotheism etc. and this one made me even more lost.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Show the chord changes done by Natural Arrangement by balbuena @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

that would be great ++1
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: usertracks by Pipeline @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

+1 Support for usertracks died off some time ago, there was so much potential there but ?? You can make up any usertrack up you like in ReaTrak then import into Biab or RealBand. ReaTrak will give you a lot more control as well as Holds n Shots.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Please fix copy/paste in BIAB by balbuena @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM

+++1
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
I'm not sure the new versions are improvements on the old. It's not like they needed fixing or anything. In the new version it feels like everything has been turned up in the mix. There's certainly a lot less dynamic range. The vocal feels like it's been hyped in the high end, which sounds more modern, but makes it a bit less integrated into the mix. On "Superstar" the final choruses lose a bit of their punch because there's less contrast with the verse, and louder hi-hat and bass
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Not Today, Blues by Crossroads @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM

Jim, this reminds me of something I heard way back in the 80s, when Bill Maher told Jay Leno on the Tonight Shos that he had developped a new musical fusion style, combining Country and Rap. And he had named that style, too: Crap LOL Greetings, Stefan
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
I found another inconsistency in the on-screen Hints: Specifically, the Generate and Play hint states that if you don't want to generate, press Play instead (figure 1). But pressing Play will generate if (for reasons unknown to us) the program believes that a generation is necessary (figure 2).
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Biab Live Chord Input by Pipeline @ Yesterday at 09:48 PM

With Biab you have midi chord input detection that works good ! You have a Conductor window that pretty well lets you control anything from the midi keyboard, what you can't you can use these tools to send keystrokes from your midi keyboard: For Win MIDI2Key http://75r.de/software/?lang=en MIDI Hotkey Portable http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/Multimedia/Audio/MIDI-Hotkey-Portable.shtml For Mac midiStroke http://charlie-roberts.com/midiStroke/ I haven't tried Conductor for ages s
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: What causes this static noise?? - SOLVED, sort-of by Larry Kehl @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

Copy and yes MAKE SOME MUSIC (actually make another CD and let us know when it's ready). Larry
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
Jump to new posts Re: USB Difficulties With My Amp and BiaB by Jim Fogle @ Yesterday at 06:51 PM

+++ HERE +++ is a utility application that lists all USB devices that are, or have been, connected to your computer. Try removing all the devices you no longer use or rarely use. Also remove the amp. The next time you connect the amp Windows will perform a clean install.
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: Good Laugh - Funny Story before playing big hit live. by Jim Fogle @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

Why does it make sense a great song writer can also be a good story teller? Sundance, thanks for sharing the video. With jokes like that he can give Jeff Foxworthy a run for his money. Well, maybe I'm stretching it just a little bit there.
Songwriting
Welcome back David, You've been missed!
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New thinking on Defrag of an SSD drive by Matt Finley @ Yesterday at 05:31 PM

That's fair and sensible. I did say to use it at your own risk. Or maybe I should better say, wait for more feedback on this. I just found it interesting.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: I Live For The Weekend (featuring Janice on vocals) by Torrey Bliss @ Yesterday at 02:59 PM

Loved that intro Peter! Janice's vocal is in top form here! That vibrato sound really makes this one shine! The guitar solo was perfect! Thanks, Torrey.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Just Another Thing by Torrey Bliss @ Yesterday at 02:54 PM

Love that arrangement Alan! You know how to arrange with the best of them! I appreciate your work! Thanks, Torrey.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Build 314 Update Available!

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac users!!! A new free patch update is available, and can be downloaded here!

Summary of Changes for build 314:
Fixed: Video RealTracks would fail to render if using macOS Catalina.
Fixed: Command+Return should be the hot-key for Options | MIDI Patch Maps, etc. | Insert current MIDI chord.
Fixed: Window | Audio Chord Wizard menu item should say "Audio Chord Wizard (Legacy Standalone)", and should not be available for macOS Catalina 10.15 or higher.
Improved: Auditioning styles, RealTracks, and RealDrums will start demo playback faster for online demos.
Improved: Help video button added to the Audio Chord Wizard toolbar in the Audio Edit window.
Fixed: In the Audio Chord Wizard toolbar, the "Auto Marking" and "Auto Analysis" checkboxes did not update after undoing.
Fixed: Clicking the [Analyze] button in the Audio Chord Wizard toolbar should warn the user if no bar lines are set.
Fixed: Launching he Audio Chord Wizard causes button hints to not show in the Audio Edit window, and it is not possible to return to the chord sheet.
Fixed: When using the Audio Chord Wizard, sometimes the hour-glass mouse cursor does not go away after analyzing chords.
Fixed: Double-clicking on a song file in the Finder to open it while Band-in-a-Box is running might cause a "Save before closing?" dialog to get stuck behind the main window.

Holiday Hours - Monday, November 11th

Remembrance Day is Monday, November 11th. In recognition of this day, our hours will be:

Monday, November 11: Technical Support closed. Sales & Customer Service will be open from 8am - 4pm PST.

Our regular hours resume Tuesday, November 12. Review our hours and additional contact information at www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Testimonial Video - Peter Torpey

Check out our latest Band-in-a-Box video testimonial, which takes using the program to a whole new level! Peter Torpey is a long time program user who has developed a way to work with the program, even though he's visually impaired - and he wants to make sure that others can too!
Click here to watch!

Learn more about Peter here.

View all our video testimonials here.

Want to make your own Testimonial? We'd love to see it! There's information on our Video Testimonials offer here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade & Full Manuals Available!
Happy National Saxophone Day!

Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)

We have 35 different RealTracks Sets available for Band-in-a-Box® that include Saxophone RealTracks !

RealTracks Set 304: Blues Shuffle Horn Section
RealTracks Set 294: Big Band "Crooner Shout" Soloist!
RealTracks Set 266: Jazz & Funk Potpourri
RealTracks Set 265: Crooner Ballad Big Band!
RealTracks Set 264: Crooner Bossa Big Band!
RealTracks Set 244: Jazz Background Horns with Jack Stafford
RealTracks Set 236: Cocktail Jazz Horns!
RealTracks Set 220: Flute and Saxes with Jack Stafford
RealTracks Set 217: Jazz Pollwinners 8 – Jazz Waltz Sax Solos
RealTracks Set 216: Jazz Pollwinners 7 – Swingin' Sax & Guitar Soloing
RealTracks Set 215: Jazz Pollwinners 6 – Sax & Guitar Soloing, Ballads & Bossas
RealTracks Set 209: Rockin' Blues Baritone Sax with Gary Smulyan
RealTracks Set 207: Funky Horns
RealTracks Set 194: Jazz Pollwinners 1: Great Saxes: Phil Woods & Gary
RealTracks Set 189: Blues Baritone Sax with Gary Smulyan
RealTracks Set 188: Slow Background Pop Horn Section
RealTracks Set 183: Country Soloists: Sax and More!
RealTracks Set 176: R&B Horns
RealTracks Set 175: Texas Blues-Rock: Smokin' Blues Sax
RealTracks Set 160: Jazz-Funk Movin'
RealTracks Set 145: Jazz-Funk Breezy
RealTracks Set 127: Groovin' Jazz Funk
RealTracks Set 91: Smooth Jazz - Sax Soloing
RealTracks Set 58: Jazz and Pop Waltzes
RealTracks Set 57: Jazz Swing, Laid Back
RealTracks Set 55: Fast Bebop Jazz
RealTracks Set 54: Slow Jazz Ballad
RealTracks Set 52: Fast Samba
RealTracks Set 51: Slow Bossas and More
RealTracks Set 32: Blues
RealTracks Set 19: Jazz Ballad
RealTracks Set 17: Bossa
RealTracks Set 15: Mainstream Swing
RealTracks Set 13: Older Jazz Swing Soloists
RealTracks Set 7: Acoustic Jazz Bass and Rock Sax

Which one is your favorite?

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Special Ends October 31st

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac special ENDS TODAY!!!
Order before 11:59PM PDT to save UP TO 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade... and receive a FREE Bonus PAK full of great Add-ons!

It's a GREAT time to order your upgrade to Band-in-a-Box 2019 for Mac, which is compatible with the just-released macOS Catalina - upgrades start at just $49!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2019 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2019 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Bonus PAKs Are Almost Gone!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac during our special (which ends October 31st), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

HURRY! OUR SPECIAL ENDS OCTOBER 31st!

Forum Stats
30385 Members
62 Forums
60574 Topics
512151 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM