Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts NAMM Oral Interview Website by Jim Fogle @ 7 minutes 19 seconds ago

+++ Interviews +++ of the people that made the music industry.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Jeff Baxter Interview (Web Article) by Jim Fogle @ 30 minutes 41 seconds ago

+++ HERE +++ is a vintage interview of Jeff Baxter. The article is a reprint from the Roland Users Group, Volume 1, Number 1 publication. Jeff Baxter was a musician with Steely Dan, the Doobie Brothers and Spirit before becoming a defense consultant.
Post your own Tips and Tricks here
Jump to new posts Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI by Ola @ 33 minutes 35 seconds ago

That instantly made me feel more comfortable. Great tip, thanks! I will do as you say and gradually try to get used to (and evaluate) the new interface.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: After You've Gone (Synthesizer V) by Will Josef @ Today at 04:54 PM

Hi David, I think you did well with this song. By listening to your track I got to think a lot about Synth V, Vocaloid and the other synthesized vocals out there. I think a part of the problem is that we are comparing with real un-modified human vocals. It will take years before we get there. I DO think synthesized modulated/modified vocals can be very useful for some kind of music where you only need a single line of lyrics or just chopped vocals. Think ambient, chill, funk, techno, house
Off-Topic
https://app.slatedigital.com/sample-packs
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Bagpipes by eddie1261 @ Today at 04:43 PM

Did we not have a quick topic here recently about that annoying droning sound of bagpipes, sounding like a jar full of bumble bees on helium? Every time the Geico commercial runs where the couple says "We have a problem with a pipes making an awful noise" I laugh thinking about that thread. So far they had a Ratt problem with Ratt rehearsing in the basement, then it was "ants" with those annoying nosey aunts telling them what to do. Then clogging with the Irish dancers livi
RealBand
Jump to new posts Re: Merging tracks in Real Band by rharv @ Today at 04:33 PM

Well 2015 is pretty old, the menu paths and options would be different than more current versions If you Hover the mouse over the Track icon, a popup should appear, in that popup, does the Events item show a number? If it is greater than zero, the track has data. As mentioned; erase the data and try again. Or, if comfortable simply 'Erase Track' (which should give you a new blank track). Or maybe try merging those tracks to a Wav file, and then importing the Wav file to a blank track, just a
Best of YouTube
Jump to new posts Re: Copyright issues on Youtube by edshaw @ Today at 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: etcjoeOriginally Posted By: Jim FogleBob, Google has a BIG footprint. And way too much power. True, but they have pushed both their luck and their mental illnesses, not to mention the law, which they are quick to both break and accuse others of breaking. At one time, they were the only game in town. I still honor the pioneers and what they were able to accomplish. The new breed? Welll....
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: Writing lyrics by edshaw @ Today at 04:16 PM

I found out by accident that I don't need a completed song to start playing it -- rough lyrics, a BIAB backing track, and a stab at a melody (NCH Crescendo is good for this - even free version) is enough for a lead sheet. I say "by accident" because I was wasting time trying to fit the melody to the chord changes. Without being enough of a theorist to know how that is done, I was finding my efforts "needed work," to put it politely. I started laying out the staffs in Crescen
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Exporting all but the mix by Noel96 @ Today at 03:52 PM

Hi Dan, Thanks for that. While I play around with the VST from time to time, my songwriting is mostly done in BIAB and so I'm much more familiar BIAB and not as familiar with the plugin. You've inspired me. For my next song, I'll write it entirely in BIAB's VST in Reaper just to force myself to cross whatever hurdles come up and learn a bit more about the VST. When I wanted to understand the depth of the latest new version of Realband recently, I worked entirely in RB for a couple of months. I
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Love Chunks by Tommyc @ Today at 03:43 PM

Just having fun with 2021 BIAB and a 1080 video! Thanks, PG Music!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Eel People of Mars by Tommyc @ Today at 03:40 PM

Thanks, Derochette!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Inventing Wonderland by Tommyc @ Today at 03:39 PM

Thanks, Misha!
Jump to new posts Re: Quiet first beat on the count in by Simon - PG Music @ Today at 03:34 PM

Hi Andy, when this happens again can you take a look at the Audio Edit window to see if it looks like the audio is cut off at the beginning? Most likely it'll be the drums that are cut off on the first beat of the count-in. If it is, can you freeze the song and email it to support@pgmusic.com? If not, it could be an audio driver thing. Try switching between WAS, MME, and/or ASIO in Options > Preferences > Audio.
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
Jump to new posts Re: Can't export realdrum as midi by MusicStudent @ Today at 03:22 PM

How about this little nugget left from JP in the beta forum. Has this been resolved? 100% of RD have MIDI RCs NOT WORKING on anything other than initial Style generation
Off-Topic
Great, now I want one ..... To circuit bend
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Not Over Her by vicarn @ Today at 03:10 PM

Good big fat sound, Tom. Vic
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Blues Is Nothing (Scott C, Rayc & Janice) by Scott C @ Today at 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: animarorecordsrayc, Scott, Janice & Bud, What a wonderful collaboration. This collaboration is really unexpected. Quite different personalities of rayc, Scott and Janice are mixed with to create a complex sound. I found a special blues there that I hadn't even thought of. Enjoyed my listen a lot. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi Thank you Shigeki for checking out the song. Really appreciate your comments. Originally Posted By: BabuMusicMy usual approach to a Janice
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Everything Fades In The End by Scott C @ Today at 03:01 PM

Janne glad to hear from you. This is an excellent song. Super vocal loved the chord progressions. Well done..
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Is She Coming Back? by ROG @ Today at 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: tommyadProf, you nailed this one into the ground. Great groove, super guitar work, excellent vocals, really nice outdo, big sound. What’s not to like. Good one, Tom Hi Tom, I always value your views and appreciate the listen and review. Many thanks for all the positive comments; you're very kind. Cheers, ROG.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: When You Coming Home by dcuny @ Today at 02:30 PM

Hi, Duane. Your songs are top of the line. Seriously good. Saying anything past that seems superfluous. But... I noticed that you have three songs on the front page today - two of which are new. Out of fairness to others on the forum, it's probably best to put stagger your songs, so it gives other people a chance to share the front page. I also noticed you've posted 15 different songs since you've joined. That's a lot of really good music. But... in all your posts, I've only seen two th
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: This song is: For Emily by Birchwood @ Today at 02:27 PM

Hello Tom, Scott, David, Alan and Vic (and everyone else), At first I can tell you 'Emily' was very very pleased with this song. So I did something good there ;-) Thanks for you comments and compliments on this song. I appreciate it a lot. Originally Posted By: tommyadHans, there’s a lot to like in this one. The cold open with the guitar and kick is way cool. Very well sung and I enjoyed the production, Tom Tom, I was hesitating for a time starting the song this way. And I had to do a lot
I experimented a bit today. -50db seems to be a good compromise. -60db is way too low and less reduction, till lik -40db doesn't do anything at all. So yeah, I can live with the -50db setting. Thanks for the workaround! Sandra
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - Intro Options! by Callie - PG Music @ Today at 02:16 PM

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021 there are additional options for generating an intro! Within Band-in-a-Box®, choose Song Form | Generate Intro to see all the different options available: All Instruments Drums onlyBass and DrumsNEW! Bass onlyNEW! Bass then Bass & DrumsNEW! Drums then Bass & DrumsNEW! Piano OnlyNEW! Guitar OnlyNEW! Strings OnlyNEW! Custom - you pick! Give it a try today!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Nobody Knows You by Birchwood @ Today at 02:04 PM

Hi Marty, What a nice, cool performance of this old song! You did a very good job, although you had to deal with that horrific meltdown with your Daw! The vocals are so good. Made for blues! And I like that outro very much; still mumbling while everyone else stops playing... It's all very cool! Hans
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - New Intro Options!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021 there are additional options for generating an intro!

Within Band-in-a-Box, choose Song Form | Generate Intro to see all the different options available:
-All Instruments
-Drums only
-Bass and Drums
-NEW! Bass only
-NEW! Bass then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Drums then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Piano Only
-NEW! Guitar Only
-NEW! Strings Only
-NEW! Custom - you pick!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Update Available!

We've updated our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to enhance Big Sur and M1 capabilities, improve the notation window, resolve AIFF rendering errors, as well as addressing a few other user-reported issues.

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac? Update for free today.

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2021!

Already purchased PowerTracks Pro Audio 2021? Make sure you update it for free today!

Our development team has been listening to user feedback, and applied some updates to address user-reported program concerns.

Learn more...

Band-in-a-Box® Guitar Features!

Today* is Get Out Your Guitar Day!

Band-in-a-Box® has many features for guitarists, whether you're learning or on your way to being a pro, or you are a pro!

Are you using an UltraPAK+ or own the Songs & Lessons PAK? Lessons from our Master Solos Series can be accessed right in the Practice Window! (Alt Shift L)

Use the resizable Guitar Window to follow-along with the on-screen fretboard, which is customizable to displays alternate guitar tunings, notes are highlighted as the song plays, and includes many more useful features for to help you learn!

The Woodshedding feature is perfect to help you progress while learning a song along with Band-in-a-Box®! This feature speeds up the song every time the song loops to the beginning, and you can also choose to loop a highlighted section within the song to really focus on the you could use a little more practice with.

Most of our guitar RealTracks include RealCharts so that you can see the notation and tab, allowing you to see exactly what the pros are playing!

A Band-in-a-Box® 2021 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition includes over 1,400 guitar RealTracks contributed by more than 50 different REAL musicians!

There are so many things a guitarist can do with Band-in-a-Box® - what's your favorite guitar feature? Do you have a "go-to" RealTracks Guitarist Artist you use for most of your songs?

*February 11, 2021

Big Sur & M1 Compatibility Added to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac today!

Here at PG Music, development never stops! If you're using the 2020 version of Band-in-a-Box® for Mac with your Big Sur or a Mac M1 computer, download the latest update which adds support for macOS Big Sur, and is compatible with Apple Silicon (M1) Macs!

This update will also resolve any color display issues within the program, resize the windows without unexpectedly closing the program, add notation enhancements, and resolve a few other user-reported issues!

Download & learn more about the updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows for Free!

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows? Download the latest free update today!

With this latest update, notation display in Japanese has been enhanced, improvements have been applied to Bar and Song Settings, the MIDI volume change events will now be included in exported MIDI files, you can now import the lyrics with your MIDI files, export Utility Tracks notation as video, and we've resolved additional user-reported issues.

Make sure you download your latest Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows update today!

Tip: Head to Help | Check for Update... to put a checkmark beside "Automatically check for updates every..." and choose your day count to always stay up-to-date with your installation of Band-in-a-Box®!

Did You Win a Band-in-a-Box® 2021 UltraPAK?

It's that time again - we've announced our 2020 User Showcase Awards!

In 2020 there were 1,310 new & original compositions shared by 197 different artists to our User Showcase Forum! If you contributed, make sure you read the announcement to see if you're on the winners list!

Forum Stats
33941 Members
67 Forums
68297 Topics
585333 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
jborichewski, Gracekb, tdchapoy2, Laurence Gilbert, Akira

33941 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 220
dcuny 183