PowerTracks Pro Audio
To search the FAQ, look through the FAQ titles below or press CTRL-F on your keyboard and enter a search term.
Last updated: Friday, 07 December 2018
- What is PowerTracks Pro Audio?
- How can I order PowerTracks Pro Audio?
- Do you have a PowerTracks Pro Audio demo?
- What new features are there in the latest version of PowerTracks Pro Audio?
- What is the difference between PowerTracks Pro Audio, the PowerTracks Pro Audio PowerPAK and the PowerTracks Pro Audio MultiPAK? What are the MultiTracks?
- What are the differences between RealBand, Band-in-a-Box, and PowerTracks Pro Audio?
- Is it true that you offer a 30-day money back guarantee on your products?
- What are the recommended system requirements for PowerTracks Pro Audio?
- Do you offer technical support after I purchase the program?
- What shipping methods do you offer? Is there a download-only option?
- Do you ship overseas?
- Are all of your products available for download (electronic delivery)?
- If I choose to download the program, do I still get shipped a hard copy of the software and documentation?
- Do I need to be a musician to use your products?
- Why is the price of your products so low?
- Are your prices in US dollars?
- Do you offer special academic pricing for school systems?
- Is it safe to use a credit card over the internet?
- Is PowerTracks Pro Audio available from any local dealers?
- How can I register my software?
- I placed an order, but didn't receive an email confirmation.
- Can I purchase a complete User's Guide for PowerTracks Pro Audio?
- What types of files does PowerTracks Pro Audio save as?
- Do any of your products convert audio files to midi?
- Can I burn audio CD's containing songs I have made with PowerTracks Pro Audio?
- I just placed an order, but I am unable to download the software. What should I do?
- When I try to install the program I get a message that the "setup files are corrupted".
1. What is PowerTracks Pro Audio?
PowerTracks Pro Audio is a professional, fully featured, 48 track digital audio and MIDI sequencer for Windows. This program allows you to assemble music layer by layer and track by track using MIDI or digital audio, or a combination of the two.
2. How can I order PowerTracks Pro Audio?
There are several ways to order from PG Music Inc.
You can place your order online using VISA, MasterCard, or American Express or PayPal. Software is available for immediate download if you order this way. After you place your order, you will receive an email with a link to the download page for your order. Orders can also be placed by calling us at 1-800-268-6272 or 1-888-PGMUSIC (toll-free in the USA and Canada), 800-4746-8742* (toll-free outside of the USA and Canada), or 250-475-2874 (direct). To view our hours, visit www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm. You can also fax your order to 1-877-475-1444 or 250-475-2937. We have a printable order form that you can use.
Purchase Orders can be faxed to 250-475-2946, or emailed to email@example.com.
If you do not have a credit card, you may also pay by bank wire transfer or US Cheque or Money Order. If you have any questions about the payment method, please contact one of our customer service representatives by phone, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via our Live Online Chat.
*Where Universal International Freephone service is available. View International Access Codes.
3. Do you have a PowerTracks Pro Audio demo?
We don't have a demo program available for download currently, however we do have a 30 day money-back guarantee. You can watch some video demos here.
4. What new features are there in the latest version of PowerTracks Pro Audio?
With each version upgrade, we add many great new features.
For PowerTracks Pro Audio 2017, Music XML (notation export/import) has been enhanced. We've worked with Finale, GuitarPro, and Sibelius to enhance features and compatibility with Music XML. We've added support for time-based VSTi plugin, and Pitch shifting and tempo stretching has been greatly enhanced with the integration of the newest version of the world-leading Elastique 3.
For PowerTracks Pro Audio 2016, we added the ability to Load and save MusicXML files, render a track as an ACID Loop and export it to BB Loops folder, save the Chords Window as video. Also, snapshots of the VU input meter on the main toolbar are now displayed in the Tracks Window while audio is being recorded, Gain Nodes are added, and much more.
For version 2015, we added Load and Play Videos. Now you can load videos that you have already downloaded from YouTube or elsewhere into the PowerTracks Video Window. The audio is extracted from the video to the audio track, and you can slow down video and audio to help with learning and transcription, with Hi-Quality audio preserved at extreme tempo slowdowns. There is direct support for 64-bit VST plugins using jBridge. Since PowerTracks has built-in support for jBridge, you just use your plugins as you normally would, by selecting 32- or 64-bit plugins within PowerTracks. (JBridge is a third party product. You can purchase jBridge from PG Music.). Live Transpose for audio tracks, with Hi Quality Transpose in semitones and cents. Slow down and transpose any audio on the fly. And much more.
For version 2014, we reorganized the user interface for easier and more intuitive use. The toolbar buttons are arranged in groups according to function. New Node-based automation is now available to automate your mixes with precise volume cuts, boosts, and fades on any track. The Tracks Window now lets you resize track heights individually by dragging the border with the mouse. Vocal Synth support automatically generates synthetic vocal tracks from a MIDI track that contains lyrics.
For version 2013, we made looping easier with the new Ctrl-Space Bar command, the Event List has been improved, it's easier to save files to a favorite folder, and to add part markers in the Chords window. You can import WAV files directly from the Tracks window popup menu without going into the Audio menu, and there's added support for audio formats like .MP3, .MP4, M4A, and .WMA files, including Jukebox play. You can add multiple songs at a time to the Jukebox play list and stop and start Jukebox playback with new hot keys when you're in the Jukebox window, or with the space bar when you're out of the Jukebox window.
Version 2012 included 30 new features including many GUI enhancements, a video help button, new hot key commands, custom colors, FX and Solo buttons for individual track strips, additional buttons for custom Bar Settings, new options to save a highlighted region or an entire track as a WAV, WMA, MP4, or M4A file, improved RealDrums arrangements, easier tempo changes, improved audio stretching, and much more.
Version 2011 brought with it big improvements to the sound of the audio tracks with a new élastique Pro V2 time stretching and pitch transposition engine so that they sound more natural over a much (3x) wider range of tempos. There are new MIDI and audio transpose options for key signature changes, replacing the previous Yes/No dialog for MIDI transpose. Tempo changes are easier too, with improved audio time stretching from the new élastique Pro V2 time stretching and pitch transposition engine.
In Version 2010, we added a Conductor mode with over 80 functions, giving you full control over live performances; a Plug-in mode to drag n' drop files to another sequencer/DAW or to Windows Explorer; Audio Chord Wizard enhancements; and automatic tempo mapping for MIDI performances recorded in free-time.
5. What is the difference between PowerTracks Pro Audio, the PowerTracks Pro Audio PowerPAK and the PowerTracks Pro Audio MultiPAK? What are the MultiTracks?
All PowerTracks purchases include the latest version of PowerTracks. The PowerTracks Pro Audio package also includes RealDrums Sets 1-3. The PowerTracks PowerPAK adds RealDrums Sets 1-10; the PowerTracks MultiPAK includes all our RealDrums Sets 1-29, as well as MultiTracks Volume 1&2.
Each MultiTracks volume contains 30 original jazz, blues, and rock songs recorded by top studio musicians. The songs are provided in "multi-track" audio format, so when you open them with PowerTracks, you will see each instrument on a separate track.
6. What are the differences between RealBand, Band-in-a-Box, and PowerTracks Pro Audio?
Band-in-a-Box is an intelligent automatic accompaniment and arranging program, which means that you can go from nothing to complete song arrangements in as little as a few seconds. Simply enter chords to a song, choose a style of music, and Band-in-a-Box generates a full band arrangement complete with Bass, Piano, Drums, Guitar, Strings, and more.
Band-in-a-Box can generate MIDI tracks, which are played through a MIDI synthesizer and displayed in notation, and it can also generate RealTracks and RealDrums, which are intelligently compiled from audio recordings of musicians playing real instruments.
Band-in-a-Box has many other amazing intelligent features such as automatic Harmonies, Ear training modules, the Soloist (which generates professional quality solos over any chord progression), and the Melodist (which can create entire original songs from scratch with Chords, Melodies, Intros, and Solos).
PowerTracks Pro Audio is a professional, fully featured, 48 track digital audio and MIDI sequencer. This program allows you to assemble music layer by layer and track by track using MIDI or digital audio, or a combination of the two. Unlike Band-in-a-Box, PowerTracks Pro Audio does not generate any music for you. Instead, it gives you complete control and flexibility to record, edit, mix, and master your music.
You can start from "scratch", recording your MIDI tracks or step-inputting them, and recording digital audio tracks. Or you can work from existing audio and MIDI files that you have imported into the program for further processing. Many people have used Band-in-a-Box in conjunction with PowerTracks, by exporting songs from Band-in-a-Box as MIDI or wave files then importing these files into PowerTracks.
RealBand combines many of the features from PowerTracks Pro Audio and Band-in-a-Box into an all-in-one sequencing program with automatic accompaniment.
As with Band-in-a-Box, you can type in chords to a song, choose a style of music, and it will generate a complete band arrangement that can include MIDI tracks, RealTracks, and RealDrums. Band-in-a-Box and RealBand are compatible with all the same song and style formats, so any style that you use in Band-in-a-Box can also be used in RealBand. Unlike Band-in-a-Box, RealBand does not have many of the additional "intelligent" features, such as the Soloist, Melodist, Harmonist, Vocal Harmonizer, Chord Substitution Wizard, and automatic Melody Embellisher. Developing song ideas and using the program as a educational or practice tool are easier to do and more suited to Band-in-a-Box.
As with PowerTracks, you have complete control over recording and editing your music track by track, as well as mixing and mastering using full-featured Tracks and Mixer Windows. You can 'freeze' your "BB" (Band-in-a-Box) generated tracks then fine-tune them, you can re-generate each track individually or re-generate a range of bars. You can layer as many additional MIDI or audio tracks as you want. You can assign any combination of DX/VST effects to individual tracks, aux busses, or the main output. You can assign different DXi/VSTi synthesizers to individual MIDI tracks. You can merge all your tracks to a single stereo wave file or compressed audio format and burn an audio CD. And you can do ALL of this without ever leaving RealBand!
The latest versions of both Band-in-a-Box and RealBand are included in any Band-in-a-Box first-time purchase or upgrade!
Here is a comparison of some of the features in Band-in-a-Box, RealBand, and PowerTracks Pro Audio.
|Intelligent Automatic arrangements using BB (Band-in-a-Box) styles||x|
|Re-generate a specific range of bars of a BB track||x||na|
|Re-generate one "BB" track at a time.||x||na|
|"Freeze" and edit BB generated tracks, save your edits.||x||na|
|MIDI recording and editing||2 tracks only||48 tracks||48 tracks|
|Multi-track digital Audio recording and editing||1 track only, basic editing|
|Load and play MGU and SGU (Band-in-a-Box song) files||x|
|DXi and VSTi support|
|Includes Coyote WaveTable DXi synth||x|
|Multiple DXi/VSTi synths can be used a single song||x|
|14 PG DirectX audio effects included|
|TC Helicon audio/vocal harmonizer||only if you have PowerTracks|
|Audio Chord Wizard (chords from MP3)|
|On-screen Guitar and Piano|
|Powerful and full-featured multi-track Mixer Window||x|
|Full featured Tracks Window with track overview panels||x|
|Notation and Lead Sheet windows|
|Automatic Melody and Solo harmonization||x||x|
|Soloist (Auto-generate original solos)||x||x|
|Melodist (Auto-generate original chords, melodies, and complete songs)||x||x|
|Re-harmonist (Auto-create a chord progression for your melody)||x||x|
|Automatic Melody embellisher||x||x|
|Hybrid Style Wizard||x||x|
|Ear Training module and educational music arcade games||x||x|
|Automatic Soundtrack generator||x||x|
|Chord Substitution Wizard||x||x|
|Big lyrics window|
|Graphical MIDI "Piano Roll" editing window|
|Merge song to stereo wave file and burn a CD|
|Display song forms using repeats and 1st/2nd endings||x||x|
|Practice Window for learning and practicing your instrument||x||x|
|Software Guitar Tuner|
|Guitarist (Auto-create original guitar chord solos)||x||x|
7. Is it true that you offer a 30-day money back guarantee on your products?
Yes! We offer an unconditional 30-day money back guarantee on all products purchased directly from us. If for any reason you decide that the product is not for you, we will refund you the purchase price of the item.
8. What are the recommended system requirements for PowerTracks Pro Audio?
To get the best performance from PowerTracks Pro Audio, you will want a fairly up-to-date computer. PowerTracks Pro Audio runs on Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 (Windows Vista/7/8/10 recommended for best performance), and requires a Pentium class (or better) processor, a minimum of 128MB of available RAM and at least 100 MB free on the hard drive for the base program. More hard disk space is required for RealDrums Sets, about 100 MB per set.
9. Do you offer technical support after I purchase the program?
Yes. We offer extensive technical support for all PG Music Inc. products. All technical support is free and unlimited for registered customers. You can e-mail us, use our Live Online Chat, or phone us toll-free (from most countries). Please visit our Support Page for more details and contact information.
10. What shipping methods do you offer? Is there a download-only option?
We offer standard shipping in conjunction with the free instant electronic delivery. If you prefer not to have anything shipped to you, select 'electronic delivery' (this option will be available unless you are ordering a hardware product). If you would like a physical copy of your order shipped, choose your preferred shipping method. You will still be able to download the software. We provide two methods of shipping: Postal shipping, and Courier Express Shipping. Note: If delivery is to a PO Box or to a US military address, shipping by UPS is not available.
Hard drive versions of Band-in-a-Box: Some of the larger Band-in-a-Box and RealBand packages are shipped via Express Courier on a USB hard drive. The download for your purchase will still be available to you. *Note - the Audiophile RealTracks and RealDrums are not available for download*.
Software Shipping Charges - USA/Canada
Postal Orders - $5 US - Delivery in 7-14 days (Longer times during peak seasons)
Courier Express - $15 US - Delivery next business day
Software Shipping Charges - Outside USA/Canada (International)
Postal Orders - $10 US - Delivery in 7-14 days (Longer times during peak seasons)
Courier Express - $20 US - Delivery within 3 business days
Hard Drive Shipping Charges - USA/Canada
Courier Express - $15 US - Delivery within 2-5 business days
Hard Drive Shipping Charges - Outside USA/Canada (International)
Courier Express - $25 US - Delivery within 2-7 business days
Hardware & Third Party Software Shipping Charges - USA/Canada. Note: All hardware products are shipped by Courier.
Courier Express - $15-$25 US * - Delivery next business day (*Note: Shipping charges for larger harware items are $25. Please contact us for further details)
11. Do you ship overseas?
Yes, we ship PG Music products anywhere in the world that is served by post or an international carrier. Unfortunately, we cannot ship the Band-in-a-Box UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, and Audiophile Edition (as well as the OmniPAK) to Brazil, as Brazilian Customs is currently charging a 100% duty on these products.
Hardware & Third Party Software can only be shipped to the USA and Canada.
12. Are all of your products available for download (electronic delivery)?
Yes, PG Music software is available for immediate download when you order online, and you will have the option of downloading your software even if you choose a physical shipping method. The Audiophile version is the one exception - it is only available on hard drive due to the large size of the uncompressed audio files. Also, third party software, such as Finale, is not available for download.
13. If I choose to download the program, will I still get shipped a hard copy of the software and documentation?
If you would like to receive a physical copy of the software and printed documentation, just choose one of the shipping options available, and not electronic delivery. You will still be able to download the program, but you will also receive your order by the shipping method you selected.
14. Do I need to be a musician to use your products?
No! Our products can be used by anyone, regardless of their musical ability. Although we have many satisfied customers who are professional or amateur musicians and educators, you don't have to be a musician to use or enjoy our products.
15. Why is the price of your products so low?
Peter Gannon, the president and founder of PG Music Inc., states that he set out "..to create software that I would want to purchase and use myself." To this end, we strive to create quality software that is affordable and fun to use, while performing at a professional level. One of our goals is to give you, the customer, more than you ever expected when you purchased the program.
16. Are your prices in US dollars?
Yes, all of our prices are shown in US dollars.
17. Do you offer special academic pricing for school systems?
There are Site License and LabPAK purchase options available to schools and other educational institutions who are interested in purchasing 5 or more copies of Band-in-a-Box for one location (like a computer or music lab). We also offer custom pricing for school-wide, district-wide, and even state, provincial, or national licensing. For more information please visit the Educators Page or contact email@example.com.
At this time, we do not offer an academic/educational discount on individual purchases of our software.
18. Is it safe to use a credit card over the internet?
Every modern browser comes with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology. This allows information that you pass to our servers to be encrypted during transmission, without you having to set up anything special. We also have installed a digital security certificate on our servers, which certify that we are who we say we are when you're connected.
19. Is PowerTracks Pro Audio available from any local dealers?
Yes, our products are represented by dealers worldwide. Here is a complete list of our distributors.
20. How can I register my software?
We have an Online Registration Form. Note: If you purchased your software directly from us, you are automatically registered.
21. I placed an order, but didn't receive an email confirmation.
The email confirmation is sent out the moment your order is processed. First, check your email program's "spam" or "junk" folder; the email could have been sent there. If not, you may have entered an incorrect email address into the order form, or (rarely) your ISP has blocked the email. Please contact us if you can't find the email.
22. Can I purchase a complete User's Guide for PowerTracks Pro Audio?
A complete User's Guide is included with any first-time purchase of PowerTracks Pro Audio. If you lose or damage your manual, you can purchase a replacement manual for $10 US plus shipping. A complete PDF version of the manual is also included with the program.
23. What types of files does PowerTracks Pro Audio save as?
PowerTracks Pro Audio saves songs in its proprietary format (.SEQ), which includes both Audio and MIDI data, as well as mixer settings, text comments, and other information about your song. You can also save songs as Type 0 or Type 1 Standard MIDI Files (.MID), Karaoke files (.KAR), .WAV files, and a variety of compressed audio files, such as .MP3. You can import any of the file types above into the program.
24. Do any of your products convert audio files to midi?
PowerTracks Pro Audio comes equipped with a Pitch to MIDI conversion tool, and this will convert monophonic .wav files into MIDI. A trumpet, saxophone, or single human voice would be a good candidate for this type of process, whereas a guitar chord (multiple notes) would not. For polyphonic audio files (more than one instrument) the technology needed to convert an audio file to MIDI note-for-note is not available. However, the latest versions of both Band-in-a-Box and PowerTracks do include the Audio Chord Wizard, which will automatically figure out the chords from any MP3, WAV, or WMA (Windows Media) audio file and display them!
25. Can I burn audio CD's containing songs I have made with PowerTracks Pro Audio?
Yes, as long as your computer is equipped with a CD burner. In fact, you can easily create an audio CD without ever having to exit PowerTracks!
26. I just placed an order, but I am unable to download the software. What should I do?
If you purchased a downloadable software program from us, you will receive an email with a link to your download page.
When you click on one of your download links, you may be asked whether you want to 'Run' or 'Save the file to disk'. You should choose the option to 'Save' the file to disk.
If you did not get an email with a link to your download page
- You may have typed in the wrong email address into your order form. If so, please contact us to correct this.
- Your email program may have a utility that filters out possible junk emails and puts them in a separate mailbox. Check to see if you have a 'Bulk' or 'Junk' folder, for example.
If the download is working, but it is taking too long and you would rather have the product shipped, don't hesitate to contact us.
Most download links expire after 7 days. You should be able to get to your download page simply by clicking on the link in your email. If nothing happens when you click on the link in your email, right-click on the link and select 'copy shortcut', then paste it into the address bar of your internet browser window and press <Enter>. If a file is showing as "unavailable" in your download page, that means the link has expired. Contact us if you have not yet been able to download that file.
Note that if your order contains multiple files, it is usually best to download one file at a time. If your order contains a lot of RealTracks files, please note that these files are very large; you will need a very reliable high speed internet connection to be able to download these files, and you should download one at a time. If you are having the order shipped, note that you could download only the main Band-in-a-Box application and use it without the RealTracks until you receive the hard copy. If downloading many RealTracks files, make sure you have enough hard disk space to store all the downloaded installer files (estimate 1 GB per file). If you get a corrupt file message after downloading this usually means that your internet connection was interrupted partway through the download and the file you have is incomplete.
Those are just some general tips - here is some more detailed troubleshooting information:
- Some files are very large, for example the RealTracks files, so these can take some time to download. Download speeds vary greatly depending on the type of internet connection, traffic, and many other factors. A 1 GB file can be downloaded in 30-45 min with a fairly fast broadband connection. Ideally, you should download these files one at a time; in general, it will not be faster to download more than one file at the same time. Downloading more than one file at a time takes longer for each file, increasing the chance of losing the connection to the server at some point (for whatever reason). This results in an incomplete (corrupt) file and the need to download the file again.
- If the download starts but doesn't complete, or you get a message that the file is corrupt when you try to run it after downloading, this most likely means that your connection to the server was lost and the file wasn't downloaded completely. Delete this file, and try the download again. If the file seems to download really fast when you try again, you will need to delete your internet browser's cache first.
- Cached files can be a source of confusion. If a download fails and you try to download the same file again, your browser will often use a cached file rather than downloading the file a second time. When this happens, it can appear that you downloaded the same corrupt file twice. You should be able to solve this by deleting your browser cache (temporary internet files). There is an options window in most browsers that allows you to do this.
- Some anti-virus programs and firewalls can cause various problems downloading some files. It is not normally obvious what is causing the problem. Some symptoms might include downloads stopping halfway, receiving a file that is "0 bytes", file extensions being changed, or the file being 'quarantined'. You may need to disable the software or adjust a setting before you start the download. If you are connected to a local area network, you may have to contact your network administrator about this.
- Your internet browser security settings may be set too high. In Internet Explorer, these settings are found in Tools | Internet Options. Other browsers have similar settings.
- Try using a different internet browser.
- Download managers may help, especially if your order contains many download links. A utility that will automatically download all the files on a page one at a time is helpful. For example, if you use the Firefox web browser, there are free plugins like 'Downthemall', which will allow you to download all links on one page. Remember to set max concurrent downloads = 1 in the Preferences. Note that a particular download manager may also be the CAUSE of the problem, and you may want to try disabling it or otherwise downloading the file without it.
- If clicking on the [download] button doesn't seem to work, try right-clicking on the link and selecting 'Save Target As'.
- Your internet service provider may have a bandwidth limit which you may have exceeded. Try downloading a smaller file to see if this might be the problem, or contact your ISP to find out more.
- If when you click on a link, you get a "page cannot be displayed", or some another html error page (but other web pages work fine for you), the problem may be at our end. Please contact us so we can look into it.
- The download may be slow due to internet congestion, time of day, or a router being busy. If all else fails, you may want to wait for a while and try the download later.
There are a wide variety of factors that can affect downloads, including your computer software and hardware, the connection to your internet service provider, internet traffic, and distance from the server. Due to factors beyond our control, we can't guarantee the downloads to work for everyone. As long as you have selected a physical shipping method (and not electronic delivery only) you will be receiving your order in the mail. If you have chosen download-only (electronic delivery) and are unable to download your software, please contact us to have it shipped.
If you are having a problem not covered here, or you don't think the download is working properly because of a problem at our end, feel free to contact us and we'll look into it.
27. When I try to install the program I get a message that the "setup files are corrupted".
This normally occurs with downloaded programs. This error may occur when double-clicking on an installer that was downloaded from our site. It means that the setup file is the wrong size or the file failed a CRC (cyclic redundancy check). Most likely something went wrong when you were downloading the file, for example your internet connection may have been lost. Delete the file that you downloaded and try the download again. Note that your browser may have cached the old (corrupt) file, so to be sure, before downloading the file again delete your internet browser's cache. Then, right-click on the download link and select Save As. If the download seems to happen very fast the second time, that's an indication that it's still the old file.
Unconditional 30-Day Money Back Guarantee on all products purchased from PG Music Inc.
PG Music Inc.
29 Cadillac Ave Victoria BC Canada V8Z 1T3
Sales: 800-268-6272, 250-475-2874,
Tech Support: 866-983-2474, 250-475-2708, + 800-4746-8742*
* Outside USA & Canada where International Freephone service is available. Access Codes